Finance Manager - LebanonRef : LBFinanceManager170
- Byblos | Finance Manager | Senior
As a Financial Manager, you will be responsible for the financial well-being of all Apgar entities. You will be working on developing strategies and plans for the organization’s long-term financial objectives, produce financial reports, and manage financial activities of all types of accounts.
This job is for you if...
Controlled growth with strong ambition
countries around the world
of our clients are in the Fortune Global 500
mean annual growth
We’ll tell you everything.
- Reports to the group’s CFO
- Oversees all finance activities for the Group (HO and its daughter entities) and is responsible for: consolidation & reporting, business controlling, financial controlling, finance operations (including receivables management/payables management & treasury), tax compliance, procurement
- Works with the top management on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts. Ensure as well that any critical areas is highlighted to the top management well in advance so that all possible steps are taken to avoid the unforeseen eventualities
- Is involved in feasibility studies for new projects/products/investments.
Consolidation & Reporting
Is responsible for consolidating the Group’s results for monthly reporting purposes.
Works along different departments and business lines to set the budget of the coming year.
Is responsible for business controlling of all entities:
- Performs a variance analysis, each month, comparing actual results to budgeted ones, while challenging the accounting teams and asking for adjustments/modification of their financials when applicable
- Performs analysis over the performance of the entities based on:
- KPIs relevant to the business and agreed with top management
- Profitability and cash flow monitoring
- Capital Expenditure: ensures adequate justification of and control over capital expenditure requests
- Performs reforecasting of Full Year results on a monthly basis, along with the entities’ management, based on Year-to-Date performance and any new wins/losses versus Budget to be expected for the upcoming months
Is responsible in training the Finance Unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
Implements corporate financial policies and procedures and ensures compliance with local regulations.
Handles the monthly closing of the different entities and makes sure the books are closed in accordance with IFRS standards, and local standards. Is in charge of:
- Internal and External Audit
- Balance sheet compliance
- Statutory compliance
- Legal entity maintenance
Is responsible for the management of recharges and allocations between entities.
Is responsible for finance operations in the different entities, namely overseeing of:
1. Accounts payable, payment management and suppliers issue resolution:
- Management of issues relative to payables
- Reporting, control & audit
- Review, control and challenge of business expenses
- Supplier relationship management and Suppliers reconciliation
2. Accounts receivable, billing and overdue issue resolution:
- Customers Credit Management
- Aging list
- Preventive collection
- Advances allocation
- Intercompany conciliation
- Credit note conciliation
- Overdue management
- Credit control
3. Bank day-to-day relationship management:
- Oversight and processing of bank payments
- Cash forecasting
- Banking administration on local accounts
- Urgent payments processing
- Administration of Company Credit Cards
- Local relay for bank requests
- Is responsible for all tax compliance filings, including corporate income tax returns;
- Takes responsibility for transactional taxes (GST, VAT, State tax etc). Ensure robust controls are in place;
- Ensures local transfer pricing documentation requirements are met;
- Ensures local tax accounting of direct taxes, including calculating and uploading tax charges, current and deferred taxes, tax accruals and tax receivables, ensuring tax is properly reflected in local statutory accounts;
- Performs quarterly update of tax risk provision for direct and indirect tax risks;
- Monitors local tax changes that could impact APGAR and flag significant changes to the top management;
- Coordinates local tax audits, tax disputes and tax litigation;
- Supports the top management in identifying and implementing measures to reduce tax (mergers, FX, dividend distributions, etc);
- Flags any identified tax risk or uncertainty and tax saving opportunity to the top management.
- Higher education (Bachelor or master’s degree) within finance and/or accounting with minimum 7 proven years of experience as Financial Manager;
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus;
- Knowledge in accounting, SFAS rules;
- Full professional proficiency in English is required. French is a plus.
- You give attention to details, and you want to invest on a mission that requires curiosity, adaptation, autonomy and good relationships.
- Your ability to work in a team and your analytical mind will allow you to succeed in this mission.
- You want to invest on a mission that requires curiosity, adaptation, and good relationships.
- You are rigorous, your ability to work in a team and your analytical mind will allow you to succeed in this mission.
Do not hesitate to apply if you are a dynamic, enthusiastic, and curious person.
You will join a pleasant, benevolent, and fraternal working environment…
Future Apgarians, we are waiting for you!
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Salary: depending on profile
- Location: Lebanon
- Operational support from a more senior profile to help you carry out your assignments, especially during your interventions on client projects
- Dedicated training path to guarantee your career development and knowledge enhancement.
- Personalized coaching in order to work on your positioning and your medium and long-term development within the company’s structure.
- A competitive salary paid in fresh USD.
What Agparians say
Daily life at Apgar? It's our employees who praise it most. See what they say.
OK, great. This job is made for me.
Do you see yourself in the profile sought for the mission? Don’t wait to send your application.
Can’t find what you're looking for?
Can’t find the job you’re looking for among our current offers? This job offer is perhaps being written, or may correspond to a brand new need. Contact us today: We always study all applications carefully.